Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Self-Portrait

I worked on creating a self-portrait for this challenge on Two Peas in a Bucket.  Since it's pretty much dark by the time I get home from work, I decided to take a try at using my "cheapie" flash - not a Speedlite and not the camera's built in flash.  Better than nothing?  I'm not sure!

I also got a reflector for Christmas, so this was my first attempt at using it.

I set the self-timer, grabbed Teddy and gave this a shot!  (Pun intended!)

Kit lens with flash and reflector.  f/3.5, 1/125 sec, ISO 400

SOOC - You can see where the reflector was place.  I'm assuming that it should have been closer to actually done any good?

EDITED, COLOR -  I removed the stray hair on my forehead and cloned out the shadow on the vase.  Warmed it up too and ran a vintage action.

EDITED, B/W - Wasn't sure how I liked my silver cardigan up against the tan sofa and wall, so I converted the image to black & white.

6 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I gave you a Liebster award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb, nice photo manipulation, I almost convince that you didn't use photoshop in 2nd and 3rd picture. The black and white effect is awesome.

      Delete
  2. New follower! :) Your pups are adorable! I'm a dog mom to a very spoiled Boxer, Basset Hound and American Bulldog.

    ReplyDelete